Thursday, February 5, 2009

Are you ready for some football? No.

Okay, well the Superbowl is over. I will say this once...and once only, congrats to the Steelers. It was a great game, which I enjoyed.

Now, am i the only person who thinks that last play was a touch suspect? Along with the phantom 15-yard penalty NOT called on Santonio Holmes? I dunno.

Anyway I will leave it alone for now, as it appears to have been the correct call but when a team wins both their challenges on blown calls, maybe you should have another look...even if the rules say you don't have to. I think a rule permitting a challenge after the two minute warning would be a good idea, if a team has already won their previous two challenges...this to me is a get out of jail free card.

Okay so the probowl is this weekend...who cares...that is all. I just hope Brett Favre connects on a pass to Hines Ward so I can watch John Madden spontaneously combust.

I am officially now a fan of Tom Cable in Oakland. He came out and called the Raiders a winning football team going forward, sure it's easy to say but there is an endearing quality about this guy that makes me think he will put his money where his mouth is. The Raiders have a great young quaterback in Jamarcus Russell and in a draft loaded with WR potential, in three to five years the Raiders of old may be back. Al Davis...might...MIGHT see a playoff game before he dies.

Finally, big props to barbie for the killer wings...you were right, Red Rockets are amazing.

1 comment: